The study was completed in three phases between mid-2008 and mid-2011. This report covers the third and final phase, which involved 41 participants (including 10 new interviewees) who identified with seven occupational situations:
- New Zealand-based degree-related employment
- overseas-based degree-related employment
- New Zealand-based part-time or temporary employment
- overseas-based part-time or temporary employment
- unemployment, searching for New Zealand-based employment
- unemployment, searching for overseas-based employment; and postgraduate study.
The report discusses their views of their occupational pathways and experiences in relation to:
- their earlier expectations
- their New Zealand business qualifications
- New Zealand’s immigration processes
- the maintenance of Asia-New Zealand connections.
It also explores their thoughts about and involvement in Asia-New Zealand business relationships.
Download the full report (PDF - 620KB)