New Zealand undergraduate and post-graduate students are welcome to submit their entry for one of five Best Paper prizes of $1000*.
Applications can be made by submitting a maximum 2000-word article (excluding footnotes/references).
Papers can be edited versions of dissertations/chapters but must not have been previously published and must be:
- accessible for the general public
- be premised upon sound and succinct argument/assessment
- be accurate and informed (context and examples will be helpful)
- be forward-thinking
- examine or comment on the possible implications for New Zealand-Asia relations
The five categories and deadlines are:
New Zealand, Asia and:
- regional environmental issues/climate change (due 31 July)
- trade and economic policy (due 30 August)
- international relations and foreign policy (due 30 September)
- humanities/social issues/media (due 28 Oct)
- science, Technology and Innovation (due 1 Dec).
Authors may be invited to present their papers at Foundation events (e.g. Asia After Five, Young Voices Lecture Series etc).
*Subject to 20% withholding tax