On International Women’s Day 2022, here’s to all the inspiring wāhine toa that the Asia New Zealand Foundation gets to work with and support. On this page, we spotlight a few of these women and introduce you to the work they do.
Here at the Foundation, we're lucky that we get to work with and support inspiring women from across Aotearoa New Zealand and Asia.
We thought we’d take this chance to highlight a few of these fantastic women and introduce you to the work they do:
- Weaving connections between Aotearoa and Asia – hear the story behind the collaboration between two leading female fashion entrepreneurs.
- Leadership Network member growing Yeyo in China – an idea that sprouted through a network connection and is paving the way into the China market.
- Māori success in Asia: Making it in tech – Read about the fantastic Kaye-Maree Dunn and her tech startup Āhua NZ Ltd.
- IN TOUCH: Three Dots - Three Dots follows three women simultaneously at a moment in time in Singapore, Auckland and Davao on 9 August 2020 - the day New Zealand celebrated its 100 days of being Covid free, and Singapore celebrated its National Day.
- Leadership Network member breaking ground for a new generation of female entrepreneurs – Hear from Magdeline Huang who is forging a career in a male-dominated industry while also helping other young women achieve their goals.
- Time to shake up what it means to be a ‘leader’ - Leadership Network member and ‘Women in Health Network’ founder Dayeon Lee reminds us to keep rethinking on what leadership is.
You can read about more remarkable women whose stories often go untold through the Asia Media Centre series: Unquiet Women with Dr Hafsa Ahmed.
Hafsa hopes these stories will bring Asia closer to New Zealand by enabling us to see through the eyes of others and nurturing connections.