Update: Entries are now closed - look out for People's Choice Awards voting on our Facebook page over Queen's Birthday weekend.
City or town, no matter your age, from Cape Reinga down to Bluff and everywhere in between. We want your entries!
How to enter:
- Take/find a photo of yours that represents our theme 'Asia in my life'. There are four categories: food; culture & sports; people & community; and places.
- Send your photo to [email protected] - entries are now closed.
- Include your full name and the category in the subject line, e.g. “Jane Smith – Food”
- Include your phone number and address in the email body.
- Include a brief caption (100 words max) to tell us about your picture and what it means to you (include what, where and when it was taken).
- Send only one picture per email. Minimum file size 800KB; maximum 5MB.
- You may enter one photo into each category, but they must be in separate emails.
- Make sure you read the Terms and Conditions as an entry to the competition will be taken as acceptance of the Terms and Conditions.
There are so many connections between New Zealand and Asia, and so many ways that you can show them through images. We want you to send us your photos on the theme of “Asia in my life”. We have created four broad categories but feel welcome to play around with the theme - creativity is always a bonus! We will accept one entry per person, per category. Read on to find out what we are looking for.
Food - He kai
Food is one of the great connectors – and something that all people need! Are there any meals that you have had, special dining experiences, a particular story about a connection you had over food, that you could share?
Culture and sports - Te ahurea me te mahi hākinakina
Culture and sports create bonds between people. Send us an image that shows ‘Asia in my life’ within the theme of culture and sports. From festivals within New Zealand, to sporting events or exchanges, to experiences overseas. We want to see it all.
People and community - Ngā tangata me te hapori whānui
People we meet and communities we are part of influence us for years to come. Share with us some of the bonds you have experienced.
Places - Ngā tauwāhi
Whether it is your favourite local take-out shop with a story, visiting the Petronas Towers in Kuala Lumpur, or home-staying in Japan, we want to see some of the places that embody ‘Asia in my life’ to you.
Now, let’s talk prizes:
- Top prize (chosen from all categories): $500 voucher for a tech store
- Category winners: $100 voucher for a tech store for each category winner up for grabs
- People’s choice award (out of all categories): a gift basket of products from entrepreneurs in our ASEAN Young Business Leaders Programme
All entrants will be considered for their category, as well as the top prize and the people’s choice award.
Category entries and the top prize will be judged by an expert panel. The People’s Choice Award will be voted on by the public in a Facebook album – voting will be over Queen’s Birthday Weekend.
Make sure to read the Terms and Conditions of the competition before you enter. An entry to the competition will be taken as acceptance of the Terms and Conditions.