25 to Watch is our way of recognising and celebrating impressive young people (aged 16-25) who not only appreciate that New Zealand’s present and future - economically, culturally and socially - are firmly tied to Asia, but who have also taken action to contribute to greater understanding and stronger relations.
We are committed to developing the next generation of leaders and our 25 to Watch will receive leadership development guidance, including a dedicated mentor, as well as being formally recognised at a special ceremony in October.
Nominations are now open across five categories:
Business and entrepreneurship
- Young people who either through their study, work, entrepreneurism or other projects are contributing to building New Zealand’s business relations with Asia and/or greater awareness of the business opportunities and challenges Asia provides.
Education, science and research
- Young people who are contributing to a greater understanding of Asia and/or New Zealand-Asia relations in the fields of education, science and innovation, or research.
Community and not-for-profit
- Young people who are contributing to a greater understanding of Asia and/or New Zealand-Asia relations through their work at the community level or through the not-for-profit sector.
Media, arts, culture and sports
- Young people using media, arts, culture or sports to strengthen understanding of Asia and New Zealand-Asia relations. This could include work in these sectors.
- Young people engaged with the public sector (at either local or national level) through study, work or other projects who are contributing to a greater understanding of Asia and/or New Zealand-Asia relations.
Who should enter?
Through our Leadership Network, business internships and various programmes we meet impressive young people every day – people who make a difference in their communities or industry. And there are many others that we may not be aware of. They are the high achievers who are already demonstrating maturity beyond their years and an ability to inspire and engage others. They may already be role models for their peers or have the potential to become role models. They are already making useful contributions to stronger New Zealand-Asia relations and have the potential to make even greater contributions in the future. They are people to watch.
Please read the terms and conditions carefully before submitting a nomination. Note that eligibility requires all nominees to be aged 16-25 as at 30 June 2019.
To nominate yourself or someone you know, click on the form here.
- Nominations open: 1 July, 2019
- Nominations close: 5pm NZT, 26 August, 2019
- 25 to Watch recognition ceremony: 17 October 2019 at Parliament
Judges will look at impact and influence. This will be considered on the basis of:
- a nominee’s overall CV including academic, personal, professional and/or community achievements
- the quality and impact of projects and initiatives highlighted
- potential influence and commitment to furthering New Zealand-Asia relations in the future.
Further information and questions
If you have any questions or require any further information, please email: [email protected]