Rethinking Leadership Hui
- This hui will facilitate discussion around specific challenges to leadership in New Zealand and in Asia. It will enable critical reflection on leading and leadership, and will include workshops, discussions and panels to allow participants to consider what it means to be a leader in both New Zealand and Asia.
- This event welcomes the 2020 intake into the network. It has been rescheduled from April and August last year due to the lockdown. This weekend-long event will be a chance for the inductees to learn more about what it means to be a part of the network, as well as learn about the work of the wider Foundation.
Advisory Board Meeting
- The Advisory Board will be meeting in Christchurch for a one-day board meeting to discuss a range of topics and issues that are relevant to the Leadership Network and its future events.
- To be included as part of the Advisory Board meeting weekend, we will hold a Christchurch meet-up that is a chance for members to network, as well as meet their Advisory Board members and learn a little bit more about what the board does.
- This will be the first networking event for the year, providing members a chance for members to network, as well as to hear their fellow members talk about their experiences in Asia.
- This will be the first networking event for the year, providing members a chance to network, as well as to hear their fellow members talk about their experiences in Asia.
- This weekend-long event will be held for the next set of participants in the Leadership Network’s Mentorship Programme. The event will be an opportunity for mentors and mentees to first connect. As well as an opportunity to learn more about what it means to be in a mentoring relationship, and the steps you can take to ensure it is successful.
- We will host a Zoom event that will give our network the chance to listen to the stories of members currently based in Asia. There will also be a networking session, with members being invited to join breakout rooms to better connect and communicate with their fellow network members.
- This will be the networks largest hui for the year – bringing together a large amount of network members to talk about wellbeing and how it relates to both New Zealand and Asia.
Mentorship closing event
- A closing event for the mentorship programme will be held. This will be a chance for mentors and mentees to get together and discuss how their year went and important lessons that were learnt.
- This hui links in with the Fieldays event. We will bring network members together who are interesting in learning about agribusiness in the context of both New Zealand and Asia. This may link into an entrepreneurship programme visit – bringing eight leading Southeast Asian agribusiness entrepreneurs to New Zealand, but this will be dependant upon travel restrictions.
- A week-long visit to an Asian country to provide a first-hand experience to our members. This event will be dependant upon travel restrictions.
- Hosted by the Foundation’s communications team, we will be providing media training to relevant members of the network.