Applications have closed for this opportunity
Singapore was New Zealand's fifth-largest trading partner in 2021, and the two countries have a close and collaborative relationship based on shared history and interests. Singapore has been referred to as the "best-planned city" in the world with its strong future housing plan and provides many examples that New Zealand could learn from.
One of the most meaningful and important opportunities the Foundation offers its Leadership Network is to help members connect with Asia by travelling and attending offshore hui to gain first-hand Asia-experience and grow their connections to the region.
Offshore hui enable network members to have a shared experience that brings them together to influence change in New Zealand and develop the all-important Asia-equipped status needed for New Zealand’s future prosperity.
The Singapore Hui will include briefings, meetings, field visits, cultural experiences, and leadership-building activities.
It will be tailored to showcase connections between New Zealand and Singapore, learn about Singapore’s renowned urban planning and develop connections between network members.
The purpose of the hui is to:
- provide first hand experience of an Asian country to increase members' knowledge and confidence in engaging with the region
- provide potential opportunities for our members to connect and build relationship with prospective partners and stakeholders in Singapore
- deepen engagement between network members, the Foundation, and our stakeholders
- gain insights into how Singapore is transitioning towards a post-pandemic environment
- learn about connections between New Zealand and Singapore.
The hui will run from Saturday 4 to Saturday 11 March 2023 (not including travel time).