Your thoughts and ideas help to shape the direction of the Leadership Network, but to get the most from the network, you need to stay connected.
Get involved with Leadership Network activities
By being involved in network activities you’ll meet great people doing interesting things, get the scoop on professional development opportunities and build personal, intellectual and business connections that you’ll revisit frequently in the years to come.
So, how do you stay involved?
- Keep the network up to date with your activities
Join the LinkedIn group for Leadership Network members and make sure to keep your LinkedIn profile current. It’s quick and easy to do, and it means that the plug-in with the Browser Application stays up-to-date.
- Share the love
Post any articles, research, job opportunities or internships that you think might interest other network members on the LinkedIn group.
- Meet other members!
Try to regularly attend Foundation events, and consider organising your own get-togethers. Invite other members to join you at Asia-related events such as festivals, conferences and talks, or meet up with your cluster group.
- Keep the Foundation up to date...
If you change jobs, move or head offshore, we want to know. If we know what you’re doing we can connect you with others in the network who might be in your area, and invite you to any events or activities that are happening. And tell us about your successes – we can help publicise what you’re doing, whether it’s a new business project, published research or involvement in a community project or initiative.
- . . . and keep up to date with the Foundation
Regularly check the Asia New Zealand Foundation website, subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter and follow our social media channels. This will tell you what other members are doing, and let you know about upcoming professional development opportunities across the Foundation.
The Asia New Zealand Foundation is a non-profit charity, and any contributions towards our programmes are welcome. You can even specify how you’d like your donation to be used. Find out about donating to the Foundation.
If you’re in New Zealand you can also:
- Volunteer – share your time, skills and abilities with others. You could be a speaker at a network event, present to interest groups, or help out at an Asia New Zealand Foundation event.
- Talk to your employers about the network – perhaps there are opportunities for other network members, or for your employer to link up with Foundation programmes.
If you’re overseas, you can also:
- Help out with visiting Kiwis in your neighbourhood. The Foundation sends artists, journalists and business interns offshore regularly. Your local knowledge can help smooth the way for these visitors – many who will be visiting Asian countries for the first time, and they’ll really value your input.
- Join KEA New Zealand or a regional chamber of commerce to connect with Kiwi expats.
- Register with the New Zealand Embassy or High Commission in your country. They often hold events which offer networking opportunities.
Big or small, everyone’s contribution adds to our mission of strengthening New Zealand’s relationships with Asia.
If you have a particular skill or just want to become more involved please email [email protected] and let us know what you can do!