Participants will meet leading entrepreneurs in the baby and infant sector, attend the top baby expo in South Korea - the BeFe Baby Fair, as well as develop greater knowledge of the South Korean business environment and explore partnership opportunities in the region.
The BeFe Baby Fair in Seoul, South Korea, is South Korea's leading event of its kind and attracts over 80,000 visitors. It runs from 20 – 23 of February 2020.
The demand for high-end baby products in South Korea is on the rise with the baby and infant sector growing from 1 billion USD in 2009 to 2 billion in 2015, and average spending on each new-born doubling in that time.
Of the Fair’s 190 exhibitors, 40 percent are from overseas, making this a good opportunity for Kiwi entrepreneurs to explore the potential to do business in South Korea.
During the trip you will:
- learn about the South Korean baby and infant sector
- meet and network with entrepreneurs in South Korea
- connect with government officials from New Zealand and South Korea
- take time to understand the culture of the region and to connect with your fellow entrepreneurs.
By going on this visit you will:
- grow you awareness and knowledge of doing business in the region
- deepen your connections with key industry leaders and South Korean entrepreneurs
- grow confidence as an entrepreneur and your ability to succeed offshore.
The Foundation will work with the New Zealand Embassy in South Korea to deliver the programme.