During the internship, the successful intern will be placed in the Nutrition Technologies office in Johor, southern Malaysia. The internship will take place over three months (less than 90 days), departing late November 2019 and finishing in February 2020.
The intern will be given a specific project or meaningful work relivent to their area of study and a mentoring supervisor will be assigned to monitor the intern’s professional development.
Interns with an engineering background
Interns with an engineering background will support the engineering team in their day-to-day responsibilities, as well as engaging with the senior management team in the longer-term development planning of the scale-up facility. He/she would support the team in critical areas such as:
- Process engineering
- System design, mapping and planning
- Machinery and equipment research
- Designing and building prototypes of custom equipment
- Supporting patent applications
- Data collection from factory production processes
- Workflow and efficiency analysis.
Interns with a business background
Interns with a business background will have the opportunity to support the sales and marketing team, both in their day-to-day responsibilities and developing marketing plans and strategies for future expansion.
He/she will support the team in critical areas such as:
- Designing and developing a suite of marketing materials, including brochures, product specification sheets, exhibition stands, flyers.
- Developing and executing a digital and social media marketing strategy
- Compiling and analyzing market information
- Surveying potential clients and suppliers
- Working with the technical team to write and release content on recent product development and trial results
- Consolidating data into actionable items, databases, reports, and presentations
- Supporting the executive team in fundraising - identifying potential investors and events, preparing pitch documents.