2017 intern Richard Liu: With 7,000 employees at the Hsinchu Zhudong campus alone, the world can feel like a much bigger place."
The successful candidates will be placed at the Industrial, Science and Technology International Strategy Center (ISTI), where they will gain experience in facilitating investment partnerships between Taiwan and international partners. Commerce or business students with an interest in high-technology are strongly encouraged to apply.
The intern will be given a specific project or meaningful work to do, which may include market research and facilitating and brokering relationships between international investors and companies in Taiwan. A mentoring supervisor will be assigned to monitor the intern’s professional development and welfare.
The internship will take place over three months (less than 90 days), between late November 2019 and February 2020.
The Industrial, Science and Technology International Strategy Center is focused on the following:
- Building links between ITRI / Taiwanese companies and the international business community.
- Helping overseas companies interested in the Taiwan market to find collaboration partners in Taiwan.
- Helping Taiwanese companies in finding overseas markets for their products and services.
- Helping ITRI departments to find overseas markets for their technologies.
The TUSA Office is involved in the following kinds of work:
- Helping catalyse industrial cooperation and investment between prospective partners from Taiwan and the United States
- Assisting US business to set up R&D centres in Taiwan or help Taiwan-registered US companies to apply for government incentives
- Offering matchmaking for technology cooperation between companies of the two countries
- Facilitating bilateral investment
- Furnishing support to start-ups with venture capital from both countries.
The 2019 application round has closed for this internship.