The purpose of the Programmers Tour is to enable New Zealand performing arts programmers to immerse themselves in the contemporary performing arts community in selected Asian countries in order to:
- advance their professional networks in Asia and develop their programming practice
- increase awareness of artistic and cultural practice in Asia
- contribute to the long-term development of audiences for Asian arts in New Zealand
- explore ideas and networks that could lead to future collaborations or creation of work
- develop and share market knowledge of contemporary performing arts practice in Asia with the New Zealand arts sector.
Due to concerns around the Covid-19 virus, the 2020 Performing Arts Programmers Tour has been cancelled. We look forward to rescheduling it in 2021.