We have a proud history of supporting the development of individual practitioners and Asian arts projects in New Zealand through arts sector grants and artist residencies.
Both the Auckland and Christchurch lantern festivals and Auckland and Wellington Diwali festivals were founded by the Foundation. Due to their success, these festivals are now delivered by the relevant local government event teams.
Support for arts projects that attract a broad audience continues today with the development of deeper partnerships with New Zealand galleries, venues, festivals and regional and local government.
The Foundation currently offers the following programmes of arts funding:
- Arts Practitioner Fund – grants for arts practitioners.
- Arts Project Fund – grants for professional arts organisations and event organisers.
- Strategic Arts Partnership Fund – long-term partnerships between organisations and the Foundation to enable the delivery of projects, events and festivals.
- Programmers Tour – an annual tour to Asia for performing arts programmers working in the venue and festival space.
- * Due to COVID-19, the way the Foundation delivers some programmes will change to reflect restrictions on gatherings and travel.