We provide professional development and leadership opportunities to young professionals to support them in taking an active role in strengthening New Zealand’s relations with Asia
Rethinking Leadership Hui Gisborne
The Foundation is offering up to 16 places for network members to attend the Rethinking Leadership Hui in Gisborne from 28-30 April, 2017.
This is an exciting opportunity for participants to openly discuss specific challenges to leadership in New Zealand and in Asia, as well as share their own leadership stories and experiences.
Participants will fly to Gisborne where the hui will take place over the course of two and a half days. Participants will lead dicussions and will need to prepare topics for workshops prior to the event.
The purpose of the rethinking Leadership Hui is to:
- enable critical reflection on leading and leadership
- allow participants to consider what it means to be a leader in both New Zealand and Asia through workshops, discussions and panels
- address effective leadership skills, share experiences and discuss how good leadership can lead impactful social change.
Up to 16 places are available for network members based in New Zealand.
As places and funding for the Rethinking Leadership Hui are limited, a selection process will take place. Preference will be given to network members who:
- are able to demonstrate a genuine interest in learning about leadership, and sharing their leadership stories
- are able to demonstrate an interest in having challenging discussions about leaders/leadership in New Zealand and Asia
- are keen to unpack and question their own understandings of leaders/leadership, as well as their own stories
- are connected/engaged in the network and the Foundation
- have demonstrated leadership in their workplace, community, and/or in achieving the network’s vision.
Applicants will also need to secure the necessary time off with their employer should they be successful in their application.
All costs associated with attending the Rethinking Leadership Hui (accommodation, return economy travel, meals and planned activities) will be met by the Asia New Zealand Foundation. Participants will be responsible for getting to the airport, and personal spending money.
Please submit a one-page expression of interest, outlining the following:
- Your leadership story
- What you want to learn from attending the hui
- A summary of a potential discussion topic you would lead.
Also required is a copy of your most recent curriculum vitae.
Applications should be emailed to Masina Taulapapa by 5pm Monday 13 February, 2017.
Applicants will be notified of the outcome within two weeks. Please note that participants will be expected to attend all days of the hui and participate in all activities.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact Masina.