Rethinking Leadership Hui
The Foundation is calling for expressions of interest from Leadership Network members to attend a Rethinking Leadership Hui in Tauranga.
This is an exciting opportunity for participants to openly disucss specific challenges to leadership in New Zealand and in Asia, as well as share their own leadership stories and experiences.
Participants will fly into Tauranga where the hui will take place over the course of two and a half days from 27-29 April.
What is the Rethinking Leadership Hui for?
The hui is being held to:
- enable participants to critically reflect on leading and leadership
- allow participants to consider what it means to be a leader in both New Zealand and Asia
- address effective leadership skills, share experiences and discuss how good leadership can lead impactful social change.
Applicants will also need to secure the necessary time off from their employer should they be successful in their application. Participants will also be expected to prepare prior to the hui. Reading material and other activities will be provided in the weeks prior.
All costs associated with attending the Rethinking Leadership Hui (accommodation, return economy travel, meals and planned activities) will be met by the Asia New Zealand Foundation. Participants will be responsible for getting to and from the airport, and personal spending money.
Up to 15 places are available for network members based in New Zealand. If you are based abroad and are interested in attending please email Masina as a travel subsidy may be considered.
As places and funding for the Rethinking Leadership Hui are limited, a selection process will take place. Preference will be given to network members who:
- can demonstrate a genuine interest in learning about leadership, and sharing their leadership stories
- can demonstrate an interest in having challenging discussions about leaders and leadership in New Zealand and Asia
- are keen to unpack and question their own understandings of leaders and leadership, as well as their own stories
- are connected and engaged in the network and the Foundation
- have demonstrated leadership in the workplace, community, and/or in achieving the network's vision.
How to apply
Please submit a one-page expression on interest demonstrating how you fit the selection criteria above.
Also required is a copy of your most recent curriculum vitae.
Applications should be emailed to Masina Taulapapa in PDF format by 5pm Monday 12 March 2018.
Applicants will be notified of the outcome within two weeks. Please note that participants will be expected to attend all days of the hui and participate in all activities.