Performing Arts Tour
Emerging to mid-career contemporary theatre professionals will have the opportunity to visit Asia for a two to three week period to build their professional networks and explore possible future collaborations.
Information about where and when the next performing arts tour will take place will be made available in early 2017.
About the tour
The Asia New Zealand Foundation will arrange formal programmes in collaboration with contracted local experts.
The programme will include meetings with senior theatre professionals, and attendance at rehearsals and performances.
The participants will be expected to undertake their own research and provide input into the itinerary prior to the tour. Timing and the final itinerary will depend on the strengths and interests of the selected participants.
The participants will be expected to report back to the Asia New Zealand Foundation about the tour and to disseminate and share information on their return to New Zealand.
Why do we offer the tour?
The purpose of the tour is to assist tour participants to:
• develop networks in Asia
• explore opportunities for collaboration and exchange with Asian partners
• gain direct experience of Asia and the Asian performing arts scene.
What will we fund
We will offer each participant:
• Return economy class airfares
• Professional guides
• Per diems
• Ground transport
Selected tour participants may need to contribute an additional amount to cover all costs.
Who can apply?
Contemporary professional theatre practitioners at the emerging to mid-career level. To apply, tour participants must:
• show a desire to work with artists from Asia, learn about Asian performing arts and explore opportunities for collaboration
• demonstrate a track record in New Zealand theatre
• demonstrate how their participation in the programme will impact on the New Zealand theatre community
• be prepared to share information from the tour on their return to New Zealand
• be available to complete the tour and have no date restrictions (the tour will take place during October/November 2016)
• have a current passport with at least six months validity from October 2016
• be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident.
For further information please contact:
+64 (0)4 815 8439