Otago Foreign Policy School Spotlight on Asia Roundtable
Asia New Zealand Foundation is hosting a track II dialogue in Dunedin on Friday 30 June as a prelude to this year's Otago Foreign Policy School (OFPS).
We are seeking expressions of interest for one Leadership Network member to participate in the track II dialogue on Friday afternoon, followed by a dinner with the British High Commission, and then to attend the OFPS over the next two days.
You will be joining leading experts to discuss security/defence issues in North and Southeast Asia. The track II roundtable is a great opportunity for diplomats, academics, policymakes, and anyone interested in regional issues to learn more about, and engage in, the track II diplomacy process.
Following the roundtable is the 52nd OFPS; this year's theme is geopolotics in the context of migration.
What the Foundation will cover
The Foundation will cover:
- registration for OFPS
- return economy class airfares
- two nights accommodation and meals.
What you are responsible for
You will need to arrange your own:
- personal spending money
- transport costs to your local airport.
Who can apply
To apply, you must:
- be a member of the Leadership Network
- be able to demonstrate a commitment to and an interest in diplomacy, international relations and politics, economic, regional and international security or trade
- be actively engaged in the network through attendance at events and regional activities
- be able to give sound reasons for wanting this opportunity.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying, please send a one-page cover letter plus a copy of your latest CV to James To by 5pm Friday 12 May 2017.
If you have any questions, please contact James To.
The seletion process
Candidates will be short-listed by a selection panel, including director engagement and research. The selected candidate will be put forward to the executive director for final approval.