We offer Asia-focused business seminars and networking opportunities in New Zealand and internships in Asia
Opportunity: KPMG business internship in Vietnam
The Foundation is currently accepting applications for the KPMG Vietnam internship.
The aim of the KPMG internship is to give talented New Zealand senior tertiary students an experience of working in a commercial environment in Vietnam, which they can share when they return to New Zealand.
KPMG is a multi-national professional servies company.
Watch a video of 2015/16 KPMG intern Lucy Hamnet describing her time in Hanoi
About the internship
Two interns will be selected for this programme and will be based at KPMG's office in Ho Chi Minh City. The internship runs for three months, starting in late November 2018.
KPMG will provide the successful interns with a mentoring supervisor and meaningful work. Placements are being offered in the following teams:
- Audit: most of the intern's time is spent with clients, whose documentation is in English
- Tax and corporate services: tasks may include writing newsletters, detailing foreign investment law and tax law changes, attending regional trade architecture meetings organised by foreign chambers of commerce and meetings with New Zealanders looking to invest in Vietnam.
While in Vietnam, programme participants will be connected with interns doing internships organised by the Foundation in Vietnam and other parts of Asia.
Airfares, a travel insurance subsidy, accommodation costs and most of the living costs will be covered by the Asia New Zealand Foundation. KPMG will assist with identifying suitable accommodation. KPMG will contribute $500 to cover some living expenses.
Applicants must be:
- New Zealand citizens or have New Zealand permanent resident status
- due to complete an accounting degree qualification by end of 2019
- Accounting and Law students are encouraged to apply, if seeking placements in Tax and International Services
- able to demonstrate a strong interest in developing a career involving New Zealand and the Asian region
Knowledge of Vietnamese language, while useful, is not a prerequisite for this internship as English is spoken by the interns’ supervisors and some team members in the KPMG office. There are many opportunities for learning Vietnamese for those who are interested.
Terms and conditions
Successful applicants will be required to agree to the standard Terms and Conditions for Asia New Zealand Foundation funding recipients.
Applicants should be willing to:
- take out appropriate travel insurance (subsidised by the Foundation)
- contribute a 600- word article with photographs for the Foundation’s website while offshore or within a month of their return
- write a final three-page report evaluating the internship experience
- participate in Foundation professional development activities and networking events after they return from Vietnam.
How to apply
Please email your CV, a succinct cover letter that outlines your motivation for applying and academic transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the subject line of your email, please insert the words KPMG Vietnam
Applications close Monday, 20 August 2018.
For more information phone 09 369 5014.