We provide professional development and leadership opportunities to young professionals to support them in taking an active role in strengthening New Zealand’s relations with Asia
Joining the Leadership Network
Applications for the 2017 intake to the Leadership Network have now closed.
Why join the network?
As a member you will:
- join a global network of young professionals to connect New Zealand with Asia
- develop professionally through a curated programme of initiatives and activities in New Zealand and Asia
- develop your leadership skills and have access to professional development opportunities and tools, including the Individual Leadership Pathway, a development tool tailored specifically for members
- meet representatives from leading organisations in New Zealand and Asia
- network with influential decision makers, entrepreneurs and key industry leaders
- learn more about New Zealand-Asia relations
- take part in community events and activities
- forge lasting friendships.
- be aged between 20 and 30 at the time of application
- be a New Zealand citizen/permanent resident
- be committed to building New Zealand-Asia relations
- have evidence of leadership in their area of interest (e.g. in community work, sports, cultural or other extracurricular activities)
- be available for an informal meeting, if short-listed, with an Asia New Zealand Foundation staff member or other contact either face-to-face or through Skype.
Successful applicants must undertake an induction programme:
- New Zealand-based applicants should be available to attend an induction programme (15-16 July 2017).
- Offshore-based applicants may attend the induction programme (15-16 July 2017) with travel to New Zealand at their own cost.
Successful applicants are not eligible to take up membership opportunities until an induction has been undertaken.
How to apply
There is one intake of new members to the network each year. Applications are now open for the 2017 intake.
Please submit no later than 5pm on 10 April a PDF format copy of:
- maximum two-sided one-page curriculum vitae (minimum font size 10)
- a one-page cover letter outlining your reasons for wanting to join the Leadership Network
- answers to the following questions:
- What country in Asia interests you most and why?
- What do you see yourself doing in five years’ time?
- What is the most important quality you think a good leader needs to possess?
- contact details for two referees.
Send to Masina Taulapapa
Please ensure your application is received before the deadline as late entries will not be considered.
All applications will be reviewed by a panel of Asia New Zealand Foundation staff and an external stakeholder. An initial shortlist will be selected in early May 2017.
Shortlisted candidates will have an informal meeting with the selection panel.
Foundation staff will make the final decision on successful applications.
If your application is successful, you will need to attend a weekend induction programme in Wellington on 15-16 July 2017. All travel within New Zealand, accommodation and activity costs will be met by the Foundation.
For more information, please email the network.