We offer Asia-focused business seminars and networking opportunities in New Zealand and internships in Asia
Internship with Air New Zealand in Tokyo
The Asia New Zealand Foundation invites undergraduate students who will be completing their degree during 2018 to apply for an internship in Japan with New Zealand’s award-winning airline, Air New Zealand.
The intern will be placed in Air New Zealand’s office in Tokyo, Japan over the 2018/2019 summer.
They will join a team engaged in sales, market development, commercial management and analysis as well as operational support for the Japan market.
The intern will be given a specific project or meaningful work to do. A mentoring supervisor will be assigned to monitor the intern’s professional development and overall welfare.
About the internship
In order to better equip New Zealand businesses to thrive in Asia, the Asia New Zealand Foundation provides opportunities for New Zealanders to gain work experience in the region and to share that knowledge when they return. The internship programme aims to help New Zealanders build a better understanding of the people, environment and culture of their Asian host country.
During the internship the successful intern will gain experience in a range of disciplines including sales and marketing, commercial management and administration.
The internship will take place over three months between late November 2018 and March 2019.
Air New Zealand and the Foundation will cover the cost of return airfares to Tokyo, travel insurance and a stipend to cover living expenses and accommodation. The intern will be required to contribute NZ$500 towards their living expenses.
The Foundation and Air New Zealand will jointly deliver pastoral care to provide for the intern’s professional development and overall welfare.
Applicants must be:
- New Zealand citizens or permanent residents
- in good health
- due to complete their tertiary study by November 2018
- adaptable, mature, reliable and resilient
- interested in pursuing a career involving Japan and the wider Asian region.
While the ability to speak Japanese would be an advantage, it is not a prerequisite for this opportunity. Ideal candidates will have a pre-existing interest in Asia, and will aspire to develop their capacity for working in cross-cultural environments.
Applicants should be willing to:
- take out appropriate travel insurance (subsidised by the Foundation)
- contribute $500 to their living costs while offshore
- contribute a 600-word article with photographs for the Foundation’s website while offshore
- write a final three-page report evaluating the internship experience
- participate in Foundation professional development activities and networking events after they return from Japan.
How to apply
Applications close Monday 25 June 2018.
Please send a succinct covering letter to email@example.com outlining your motivation for applying, along with your CV and academic transcripts. Please include the words “Air NZ Tokyo” in the subject line.
For more information phone Bo Bae Lee on 09 369 5014.