We offer Asia-focused business seminars and networking opportunities in New Zealand and internships in Asia
ICT Internship Opportunity in India
The Asia New Zealand Foundation is seeking expressions of interest for an internship with a large, highly reputable Information and Communications Technology (ICT) firm in southern India. This opportunity is directed at New Zealand ICT tertiary students who are nearing the end of their degree and are seeking experiential learning opportunities in the Asian region.
About the internship
The internship programme attracts interns from top universities from around the world and is designed to give you an experience of working in a software programme or systems development environment in South Asia.
While engaged in the programme, participants will be connected with public and private sector key contacts of the Foundation in India and other parts of Asia. Upon their return to New Zealand, interns will be encouraged to participate in the Foundation’s Asia-focused professional development opportunities.
This 12-week internship is a new addition to the Foundation’s line up of internship and will take place between July 2017 and June 2018. The timing can be worked out between the host and the successful applicants. This opportunity is open to one or two interns.
The Asia New Zealand Foundation covers return airfares and provides a stipend to cover living expenses and accommodation costs in India.
Interns stay in dormitories at the host organisation’s campus, which offers a variety of dining and recreational facilities. The host oganisation provides accommodation free of charge and a subsidised dining hall.
The intern will need to contribute around NZ$500 of their own funds to cover expenses.
Terms and conditions
Successful applicants will be required to agree to the standard Terms and Conditions for Asia New Zealand Foundation funding recipients.
- Find out more about the terms and conditions (PDF - 418KB) for Asia New Zealand Foundation funding recipients
Foundation interns are expected provide reports on their experience, and to seek opportunities to share their experience on their return to New Zealand, and to remain engaged with the Asia New Zealand Foundation. Sharing your experience with others is an important part of this initiative as it enlightens others about developments in Asia.
Interns are expected to write a 600 word article (with accompanying photos) on their internship that will appear on the Foundation’s website (to be submitted during or no longer than a month after returning from the internship). Within a month of returning to New Zealand, the Foundation requires the intern to complete a 3-page narrative report about the internship.
Applicants must be:
- New Zealand citizens or have New Zealand permanent resident status
- due to complete a STEM qualification in 2018
- an enrolled student when you return from the internship - i.e. returning to continue studying at university in 2018
- prepared to share information on the internship at business forums and other events on your return to New Zealand.
- able to demonstrate a strong interest in developing a career involving New Zealand and the Asian region
- willing to participate in Foundation activities following the internship such as panel discussions, roundtables and school talks.
- not have lived in India or participated in India-based educational programmes lasting more than six months
While the Foundation encourages Asian-language learning, English language ability only is sufficient for this internship.
International students are not eligible to apply.
How to apply
Please email your CV, a succinct covering letter that outlines your motivation for applying and academic transcripts to email@example.com
In the subject line please type: ICT India
For more information, call director business James Penn on 09-368-1435.
Deadline for applying: 5pm, Monday 5 June 2017
Please email business director James Penn, or phone 09 368 1435.