Calling for applications for Leadership Network South India Hui
Each year the Foundation provides Leadership Network members opportunities in Asia to establish relationships, build leadership skills and grow networks in the region. These goals are part of the network's Individual Leadership Pathway assessment of growth.
Applications must be received by 5pm Monday 17 September, 2018.
This year the Foundation is offering up to 16 members of its Leadership Network the opportunity to travel to South India.
The South India Hui will include briefings, meetings, field visits, cultural experiences and team and leadership-building activities. It will be tailored to showcase connections between New Zealand and India and develop connections between on- and off-shore network members, and their Indian counterparts.
The purpose of the hui
The purpose of the South India hui is to:
- Deepen connections – both within the Leadership Network and to deepen New Zealand’s relationship in India
- Build awareness and knowledge – build network members knowledge and understanding of the second largest country in Asia
- Grow confidence – provide members with an opportunity to demonstrate leadership in India.
The hui will run from Sunday 28 October to Friday 2 November (not including travel time) starting in Mysore, before travelling north to Bengaluru.
Successful applicants are encouraged to extend their stay in India and explore (at their own cost).
How to apply
To apply for this opportunity, please submit the following:
- A cover letter outlining reasons why you would like to attend, how it would grow your leadership and what you would bring to the group.
- As part of the programme, we will be allocating a “free morning” for members to organise meetings or activities of their choice. Please include with your application an indication of what you would choose to do during your “free morning”, how this relates to your professional or personal development, and how you might share your learnings with the wider group. The free morning will be in Bengaluru.
- A 100 word profile and a photo (head and shoulders) which will be used in the formal programme if you are successful in your application.
Email the above to Masina Taulapapa by the application deadline of 5pm Monday 17 September, 2018. Applicants will be notified whether their application is successful by 21 September via email.
Preference will be given to network members who demonstrate the following in their application:
- a good reason to attend hui and learn about New Zealand-India relations
- how participating in this opportunity will support their future career development and how they might share the learnings from this opportunity with their wider networks once the Hui is over
- their commitment to growing their connections in the network for the good of New Zealand-Asia connections.
The Foundation will also take into consideration whether applicants:
- are connected/engaged in the network and the Foundation and have demonstrated leadership in their work place or community in achieving the network’s vision
- have not been on an Offshore Forum between 2015-2017.
Please note that we are able to provide a letter of support to employers should it be required.
Information about what the Foundation will cover and what is the responsibility of participants can be found here.
If you have a query that isn’t answered here, please contact Masina.