Call for expressions of interest - Leadership Network Offshore Forum
The Asia New Zealand Foundation is offering Leadership Network members the opportunity to attend the 2017 Offshore Forum in South Korea. Spaces are limited.
The 2017 Offshore Forum will run from 19 – 25 November (7 day programme, not including travel time) and will bring together network members from New Zealand and offshore.
The forum will start in Seoul, and travel to Busan. The programme will including briefings, meetings, field visits, cultural experiences and team-building activities. It will be tailored to showcase connections between New Zealand and Korea and to develop network member connections.
What is the Offshore Forum for?
The purpose of the forum is to:
- develop the Leadership Network offshore clusters by building relationships between network members based in New Zealand and Asia
- develop network members’ knowledge and understanding of the network and the opportunities it offers
- provide professional development opportunities for network members
- deepen network members’ knowledge of Korea-New Zealand relations.
Preference will be given to network members who:
- are able to provide sound reasons for wanting to attend the Offshore Forum
- are connected and engaged with the Leadership Network and the Asia New Zealand Foundation
- have demonstrated leadership in their workplace or community in achieving the network’s vision
- have not been on an Offshore Forum between 2013-2015 (this does not include offshore cluster events and hui)
- can demonstrate how participating in this opportunity will support their future career development
- are able to secure the necessary time off work for this opportunity with their employer.*
* Please note that we are able to provide a letter of support should it be required.
You will need to submit the following by 5pm Friday 7th July:
- A cover letter outlining reasons why you’d like to attend the Offshore Forum. In your cover letter, please: a) indicate what you want to get out of the forum b) what you would give back to the Foundation if successful, and c) do some research and let us know what your ideal half day in Korea would entail.
- Up to 100 word profile on yourself (to be used in the participant profiles if you are successful in your application).
- A photo (head and shoulders, to be used in the formal programme if you are successful in your application).
Please note that this opportunity is only open for current members of the Leadership Network. Successful applicants will be expected to attend the full length of the Offshore Forum and participate in all activities.
Send the above to Masina Taulapapa by 5pm, Friday 7th July, 2017. Applicants will be notified of the outcome via email.
If you have any questions, or you still need clarification around something do not hesitate to contact Masina.