Arts and Culture
We support and organise Asia-related events and festivals, and offer artists professional development opportunities in Asia
Applications have closed for the 2017 artist-in-residnce programme. Information about applying for the 2018 round will be made available in June 2017.
- Cemeti Art House – Yogyakarta, Indonesia
- Instinc Gallery – Singapore (supported by Creative New Zealand)
- I: Project Space – Beijing, China
- Kriti Gallery – Varanasi, India
- Rimbun Dahan residency – Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- SeMa Nanji Artists' Residency – Seoul, South Korea (supported by Creative New Zealand)
- Surface Arts residency – Bangkok, Thailand
- Taipei Artist Village - Taipei, Taiwan (supported by Creative New Zealand
- Youkobo Art Space – Tokyo, Japan (supported by Creative New Zealand)
New Zealand residency
- Wellington Asia Residency Exchange (WARE) - exchange programme between Wellington and Asia, run in association with Wellington City Council.
Applicants must be:
- professional, practicing artists. That is, they must make the bulk of their income from practising art or working within artistic fields
- professional emerging or mid-career artists with a record of achievement. Students or artists within two years of finishing under-graduate study are not eligible to apply
- New Zealand citizens or permanent residents
- currently residing in New Zealand, and intending to live in New Zealand for at least one year after they complete the residency.
You may apply for ONE residency only.
Please note: Preference will be given to projects with potential for artistic collaboration and development of networks.
Successful candidates will be required to provide progress reports of their residency to the Foundation and to seek opportunities to share their experience on their return to New Zealand. This could mean an exhibition, a series of presentations or artists talks, or publication of articles.