An online magazine of news and opinions from the Asia New Zealand Foundation
Leadership Network Master Class Hui 2018, Singapore
The Asia New Zealand Foundation is offering up to 10 members of the Leadership Network the opportunity to attend the first Master Class Hui in Singapore. The dates are 30-31 August not including travel time.
This Hui will be short and sharp - two full days only. It will be tailored to older (over 30), more experienced members of the network with a focus on reconnecting busy offshore professionals with New Zealand and with New Zealand’s relationship to Asia.
We will take advantage of the Foundation’s strong connections in Singapore to meet with Foundation honorary advisers, New Zealand government officials and others.
The Master Class will provide participants with high level connections and networks, briefings and updates on New Zealand’s evolving relationship with Asia. There will be a focus on sharing learnings and building connections between members and exploring how offshore members can contribute to the Foundation’s vision.
What is the Hui for?
The purpose of the Hui is to:
- Provide offshore members with deep connections - both with each other and with high-level contacts
- Ensure offshore members are aware and knowledgeable of the current New Zealand-Asia relationship
- Provide opportunities for offshore members to show leadership and grow confidence in their professional interactions with Asia.
Preference will be given to network members who:
- Are older offshore members successful in their career, but not as engaged with the Foundation or New Zealand-Asia relations as they would like to be.
- Might not currently, but have a history of connection and engagement with the Leadership Network and the Asia New Zealand Foundation.
- Have demonstrated leadership and achievement in their career and can show how this can contribute to a shared learning session.
- Can demonstrate how participating in this hui will support their future connection and engagement with the Foundation.
- Are able to secure the necessary time off work for this opportunity with their employer.*
How to apply
To apply, you will need to submit the following by 9am Monday 16 July:
- A cover letter outlining your previous engagement with the Foundation, where you are currently in your career and why you would like to reconnect with the Foundation and with New Zealand-Asia relations.
- A profile of up to 100 words on yourself (to be used in the participant profiles if you are successful in your application).
- A photo (head and shoulders, to be used in the formal programme if you are successful in your application).
Please note that this opportunity is only open for current members of the Leadership Network. Successful applicants will be expected to attend the full length of the Master Class Hui and participate in all activities.
Send the above to Masina Taulapapa by 9am Monday 16 July 2018 at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants will be notified of the outcome by Friday 20 July 2018 via email.
* Please note that we are able to provide a letter of support should it be required.
If you have any questions, or you still need clarification around something please contact Masina at email@example.com.