An online magazine of news and opinions from the Asia New Zealand Foundation
Leadership Network Manila Hui 2018
The Asia New Zealand Foundation is offering up to 15 members of the Leadership Network the opportunity to attend the 2018 Manila Hui in the Philippines.
The 2018 Manila Hui will run from 19–23 June (a three-and-a-half day programme, plus travel time) and will further your knowledge and understanding of the Philippines as well as connect you to fellow network members. Please note that Following members' feedback and advice from the Advisory Board this Hui has been shortened to a three-and-a-half day programme.
The Hui will take place in Manila. The programme will including briefings, meetings, field visits, cultural experiences and team-building activities. It will be tailored to showcase connections between New Zealand and the Philippines and to develop network member connections.
What is the Hui for?
The purpose of the Hui is to:
- develop the Leadership Network offshore clusters by deepening connections between network members based in New Zealand and Asia
- grow awareness and knowledge of the Philippines and Philippines-New Zealand relations
- provide opportunities for members to show leadership and to grow confidence in their professional interactions with Asia.
Preference will be given to network members who:
- are able to provide sound reasons for wanting to attend the Hui
- are connected and engaged with the Leadership Network and the Asia New Zealand Foundation
- have demonstrated leadership in their workplace or community in achieving the network’s vision
- have not been on an Offshore Forum in the last two years (this does not include offshore cluster events and Hui)
- can demonstrate how participating in this opportunity will support their future career development
- are able to secure the necessary time off work for this opportunity with their employer*.
How to apply
To apply, you will need to submit the following by 5pm Friday 4 May
- A cover letter outlining reasons why you’d like to attend the Manila Hui. In your cover letter, please: a) indicate what you want to get out of the Hui b) what you would give back to the Foundation if successful, and c) do some research and let us know what your ideal self-organised half day in Manila would entail.
- Up to 100 word profile on yourself (to be used in the participant profiles if you are successful in your application)
- A photo (head and shoulders, to be used in the formal programme if you are successful in your application)
Please note that this opportunity is only open for current members of the Leadership Network. Successful applicants will be expected to attend the full length of the Manila Hui and participate in all activities.
Send the above to Masina Taulapapa by 5pm Friday 4 May 2018 at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants will be notified of the outcome by Friday 11 May via email.
* Please note that we are able to provide a letter of support should it be required.
If you have any questions, or you still need clarification around something please contact Adam at email@example.com.