In order to better equip New Zealand businesses to thrive in Asia, the Asia New Zealand Foundation provides opportunities for New Zealanders to gain work experience in the region and to share that knowledge when they return. The internship programme aims to help New Zealanders build a better understanding of the people, environment and culture of their Asian host country.
ANZ is the largest bank operating in New Zealand, with headquarters in Melbourne, and specialising in retail, commercial and institutional banking, as well as regional trade and capital flows throughout Asia. ANZ was the first Australasian bank to be locally incorporated in China, and the first and only foreign bank to establish an operations centre in Chengdu.
During the internship, the successful intern will be placed in ANZ’s office in Chengdu. They will join a team engaged in activities ranging from banking operation processes to supporting business projects.
The intern will be given a specific project or meaningful work to do and a mentoring supervisor will be assigned to monitor the intern’s professional development.
The internship will take place over three months (less than 90 days), departing late June and finishing in September.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to:
- experience first-hand the day-to-day running of a large international bank operating in China
- assist in accounting processes and/or other banking operation processes
- provide a high level of support through timely and accurate responses to queries from internal customers and stakeholders
- support the team to provide financial data and information to assist management of assigned business initiatives and projects.
Applications for this opportunity are not currently being accepted.
* Due to COVID-19, the way the Foundation delivers some programmes will change to reflect restrictions around gathering and travel.